UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

recently i sent my mum who lives in india,an application for

Customer Question

recently i sent my mum who lives in india,an application for tourist visa to the u.k,for a visit,but there are eight people 4 aldults and 4 children living in a 4 bedroom house will she get her visa refused because of accomadation
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

How may rooms are there in total, not counting the kitchen and bathrooms? Could you also tell the size of the bedrooms?
Also could you tell me the age of the children?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they are four bedrooms 1 big three boxrooms ,childrens ages are,11,9,7,3

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Could you please confirm if you have any sitting rooms or family room in the property?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there just one big family room

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The maximum number of people who should be residing in 4 bedrooms would be 7.5.

Child aged 10 years or over are classed as adults and children aged under 10 are classed has half a person. In your case you can have two children sleeping in a box room who are under the age of 10 as the box room.

The home office count rooms not bedrooms so in your case although you have 4 bedrooms, the fact that you have a large family room means that you are able to count that as a place where people can also sleep.

Therefore in your case you have 5 rooms, which included 2 large rooms and 3 box rooms. So in the two large rooms you can have 4 adults sleeping or even 3 in the family room, and then the rest would sleep in the box rooms.

This is how you would need should have explained it to the home office. If you have sent a house report and the house report includes all the measurements of the rooms then I believe that you should not have a problem regarding accommodate. But there is a chance that the home office can look into in and investigate, and if you have not explained the sleeping arrangements it could be the case that the home office may refuse the application due to overcrowding.

I hope this answers your question. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Could I be of any further assistance, if not please rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so i can get credited for my time.