Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My female partner and I are wishing to marry and stay in the

My female partner and I are wishing to marry and stay in the UK after. We know we need a Fiancee visa and that as part of that we need an English test/proof. The waiting times in Venezuela are up to December and even then is not guaranteed. Could the test be taken in say Columbia or Panama or could she get a student visa and study here? Would she need to return to Venezuela to carry out the visa process for the fiancee visa? What are our options in this.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex Hughes :

I think you are asking whether the test has to be done in your home country or whether it can be taken elsewhere.

Alex Hughes :

There is no requirement that the test has to be done in your home country. You can go to another country e.g. Colombia, and take the test there if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you that is so good to hear. If we apply for the student visa and take test here then wold she have to go back to apply for the fiancee visa? Is our best option to take it in a different country?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.