UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hi, 1- i got ILR in 2013 (through HSMP JR) do i need to

Customer Question

hi,
1- i got ILR in 2013 (through HSMP JR) do i need to pass english language test with LIUK or only life in uk (LIUK) is enough ,
2- do my partner needs english language and LIUK both or only LIUK.
3- two of our kids out of 3 born in UK before our ILR do they need to apply for passports with us as part of naturalization application or can they apply for passport directly.

thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello,For naturalisation, you need both life in the UK and English language test passes, same applies to your partner.Your children cannot be added to your naturalisation application, you may only apply jointly with your spouse.You need to apply for registration of your children as British, using form MN1.Once they are registered, you may apply for their British passports.See herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-register-child-under-18-as-british-citizen-form-mn1Can I help further?