UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi I have 2 Qs 1. I will be applying for ILR in Oct 2014

I have 2 Q's
1. I will be applying for ILR in Oct 2014 under tier 1 general.
My twins daughters were born in uk in april 2011.
They have indian passports and have tier 1 dependent visa on my last extension.
My question is do i have to apply for their ILR as well along with our or can we apply for their british citizen directly.
2. My initial application for tier 1 general was rejected in june 2008 due to ukba error. ukba accepted their mistake in Nov 2009 and allowed me to apply under the rules placed in Feb 2008. in Nov 2009 i got my first tier 1 visa.
My question is since i had to suffer finacially due to ukba error (increade in fee etc). can i claim for refund. Also if i can apply for early ILR or british passport.
Amit
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

In response to your queries:

1) you may apply for them to be registered as British Citizens as soon as you get ILR, this is their entitlement, not discretionary and as such, there is no need to apply for their indefinite leave to remain along with yours.

2) you may lodge a formal complaint and ask for a refund and you may also lodge your ILR application early as it was their mistake that you got it later than when you should have got it. However, your application may be delayed as a result. It is really up to you, if you want a straight forward decision, then you should simply apply as intended in October rather than apply earlier.

Can I help further?