UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi. Im working in UK now for 2 years. currently I have Tier

Customer Question

Hi. I'm working in UK now for 2 years. currently I have Tier 2 spouse visa. My husband who has the Tier 2 visa finish contract next year Feb and I wonder to keep working here even though his visa is expired. I tried to swich my visa to Tier 2 general visa but what I heard is I cannot do it in here. all I can do is to go back to my country and reapply visa and come back here. which is not option for me. my kid is going to primary school and I don't want to move around spending too much money. can you advise if there is any way to apply Tier 2 visa in uk?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello,I am a UK immigration solicitor. I am afraid it is simply not possible for you to switch to Tier 2 general from within the UK.You will need to apply from your home country.Sorry, but I can only advise you truthfully. Can I help further? If not, please remember to leave feedback