UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My American Boyfriend is a felon would he be allowed entry

Customer Question

My American Boyfriend is a felon would he be allowed entry into the UK for a holiday?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

He is allowed to come to the UK visa free but whether or he will be allowed in at the border depends on the discretion of the immigration officer.
If he has proof of funds, evidence that he will return back to the US e.g. Return ticket, Job, property etc there, he should be fine to enter the UK.

He may apply for a UK visa as well from the US if he wishes to so as to be certain whether or not he will be allowed in, he will need to declare his criminal history if he applies for the visa.

Can I help further?