UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi I am currently illegal in the UK, I have 2 children

I am currently illegal in the UK, I have 2 children A 6.5 year old and a 1.5 year old both British Passport holders my eldest is registered disabled and attends a specialist school here. My application is currently with the UKBA and have been pending a while my fiance and I relationship is not solid we are currently trial separation, I am Jamaican. Can I apply for a Derivative Card for my children whilst my application is pending?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If you are the primary carer of your children, you may apply for a derivative residence card which costs £55 to make. The application form appears here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/300541/Derivative_Residence_Card_04-14.pdf

You may apply for it whilst your other application is pending and you may inform the Home Office to treat the other application as withdrawn if you are granted your derivative residence card.

May I help further?