How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Your Own Question

Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 954
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi Thomas, I am a citizen of Bangladesh. I am applying

Customer Question

Hi there,

I am a citizen of Bangladesh. I am applying for a Residence Card as a family member of an EEA National. My wife is a German national, lives in England. The form I am applying is called EEA2.

The problem i'm facing is - there is a section called Personal History, which is Section 10. In here, I have to describe whether I have been "criminally convicted" or not and whether I consider myself as a "good character" or not.

I have never done any crime in my life. But a few months ago in a shop, I was absent minded and absolutely forgot to pay for the value of £35. Security came and I failed to convince them that I had no intention to steal. After sometime police came and issued a PND (Penalty Notice for Disorder). I paid £90 pound fine within 21 days.

Now my question is as I am applying for a Residence Card being a family partner of EEA National, do I need to say "Yes" in reply of the question of "Have you been convicted of any criminal offense in the UK or any other country? You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions."

My second inquiry is - does getting a PND means "bad character"? Do I need to answer "Yes" in reply to the question of "Have you ever engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered to be persons of good character?"

What if I don't disclose this information? Has it will affect?

Also, please let me know whether the record of a PND is accessible by the Home Office/ UKBA or not.

Here is my application link:

I have few more questions about this application. Please answer all these questions first, then I will go forward step by step. Regards.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola,


Please cancel this question and if possible refund my money.



Thank you.


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
< Previous | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
  • UKSolicitorJA's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    English solicitor with over 12 years experience
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • chatham-chamber's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Immigration Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
  • Alice H's Avatar

    Alice H

    Solicitor Advocate

    Satisfied Customers:

    Partner in national law firm

Related Immigration Law Questions