Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Could you please tell me what the condition and fraud etc means? Does

Could you please tell me what the condition and fraud etc means?

Does that mean if the person has deliberately held back information that was a deliberate lie to gain British citizenship?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A young man arrived in this country as an illegal immigrant. Stating that he was fleeing from the Taliban in Afghanistan around 2000/2001.

However that was not the truth he and quite a few other young men arrive in Britain in a lorry from Turkey.

This young man had left Afghanistan with his family years previously at the time of the Hajamadin. Therefore he was in no danger from the Taliban or any other group as at this time he was a Muslim.

He became a Christian in order to stay in this country. He was given Citizenship on the understanding that he would not be able to go to Afghanistan or in fact any other Muslim country with his British born Christian wife as that would be too dangerous for them.

He is now divorced from his British born wife and has now married a Muslim in Turkey where his family live. He is now trying to bring this wife into Britain.

He has made himself homeless and is living in a hostel with the sole purpose of gaining a house so that he can bring his wife to this country.

He himself states that he is still a Christian, and attends Church but was married by the photos we have seen in an Islamic Wedding

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
OK. Understood.

And what do you wish to achieve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wish to achieve the repatriation (if that is the correct term) of this person to Turkey and his British citizenship taken from him.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
OK.

From the details you've given it appears that this person may have committed an immigration crime. If you wish, you can report him to UK Border Agency using the link below for further investigation:

https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggest.

At the moment I do not have the persons address, but do have many contact numbers via Facebook that can trace him.

Would the Uk Border Agency require his current address? I do have his mobile number.

Thanking you

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
You should give as much information as you can. If you do not have an address then the other information should suffice.