Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I need to know if Im using the correct form for my UK Visa

I need to know if I'm using the correct form for my UK Visa application. I'm married to a UK citizen since 2007, prior US visiting forces from 2005-2010, retired from active service in 2010 and started working for the US Air Force from 2010 to present. I didn't need a visa while on active service, but once I retired and starting working as a civilian on the US base I was granted a limited leave to remain which expires in 2015. The UK visa website led to FLR(M) to switch from my work visa to spouse visa. I'm doing this because I have been offered employment with a UK company, and wish to resign from my US Forces job to take it. Is this the correct form?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Yes, that's absolutely the correct form.

The "(M)" of the form title denotes "marriage" and the FLR means Further Leave to Remain. It is the form that a person uses when they wish to switch to leave to remain based on marriage to a UK citizen. In other words, when they want to switch to a spouse visa.

Tom