There are lots of fake agents in Thailand and she should really approach the British Embassy directly for assistance.
The process is quite simple as set out below:
How long it takes
Your application will take at least 6 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.
Applications may take longer if:
- Her Majesty’s Passport Office needs to ask you for more information or documents
- the photographs you send are rejected
Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport. If you need to travel more urgently, you may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document.
You’ll have to pay a fee for your passport and a courier fee of £23.01. The courier fee pays for your passport to be sent securely to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied for you to collect.
|Passport type ||Passport fee ||Total to pay (including courier fee) |
|Child passport ||£53.00 ||£76.01 |
Fill in a ‘Paying by credit card or debit card’ form for each passport you’re applying for and submit it with your application. Your credit or debit card will be charged in sterling.
You can use Mastercard, Visa, Electron, Diners Club and JCB.
How to apply
- Download the application form.
- Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
- Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed.
- Check which supporting documents you must submit with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English - including documents showing an address - fully translated by a professional translator.
Making your application
You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.
Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.
You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).
You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.
You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
Getting your passport
Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.
They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.
You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.
The above process for renewing their passports is here: