UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello I am a father of five children. I got my British citizenship

I am a father of five children. I got my British citizenship recently. My two youngest children ( 8 and 6 years) were born here in the UK. At that time when they were born I did not get my indefinite leave to remain in UK yet. Later, all my family members got their ILR's about 15 months ago and now fully settled in UK.
Now I'm planning to apply for naturalization of my family members as British citizens.
My questions are:
1. Do my two younger children need to go through the normal registration as British citizen process?
2. Do I need to apply for them through the nationality checking services (just like I'm planning to do for the three older children who were born out of UK)?
3. Are the fees for the two UK born children the same amount as for those who were born abroad (£669 approximately)?
4. Previously the fees were discounted for multi applications of children. Are there still discounts for joined children applications?

Real thanks indeed
Hamad
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you will need to apply for registration for your UK born children as they are not automatic British Citizens, they are entitled to be registered as British.

Yes, you could lodge all the applications at the same time through the NCS

Yes, one set of fees applies to all children applications

No discounts.

Hope this helps