UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hi my spouse visa will expire next month, I have sent off

hi
my spouse visa will expire next month,
I have sent off the application for leave to remain under FLR FP in the meantime do i have the right to work in the uk, as i have separated from my wife who will not be supporting me as part of the existing spousal visa.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you have the right to work in the UK as your spouse visa is deemed to continue until your new application is processed.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok but isn't my current spouse visa conditional to my wife supporting it which isn't the case as we have separated

Unless spouse visa is revoked by the Home Office, it continues and you do not need to worry about your wife withdrawing support for it.

All the best