UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

Visitor visa invitation letter help

Customer Question

I'm a British citizen and recently married in Nigeria. I would like to invite my husband to the UK to visit both my parents and children, whom he has never met before. He is currently employed and only wishes to visit for a maximum of two months (we already have employer letter confirming his employment). I need help in wording the invitation letter. Please see the below facts and incorporate those within the letter. I would also like you to add legal UK & NIGERIA human rights laws & laws concerning family life to add to the invitation also. Thank you in advance.

* Sponsor (me) i work part time but also in receipt of working tax credit and have NO savings

* My current property is rented and i will accommodate my partner while he is here

*willing to take to legal responsibility for him while here, Vow that he will return and not make use of public funds etc.

.* The applicant (my husband) is employed and has savings of £3,500 which will cover his expenses while here

* applicants family in Nigeria consist of his widowed mother and 9 siblings who he is very close with... they include a lieutenant of the armed forces in Nigeria, a well known and respected pastor, and another sibling is a Doctor...the family are a very respected and tight knit family.

* applicants reason for visit is to meet family members which include my children from previous relationship and my parents. he would also like to fulfill traditional tribal marriage dowry tradition, even though my family and parents do not observe this tradition.

* Applicant rents property in Nigeria and rent is paid in advance till next year * sponsors plan is to relocate to Nigeria after the children finish secondary education here... until then, applicant and sponsor will take turns visiting each other.

* lastly please incorporate the human right/family law rights for Nigeria/UK and any other input which you think will strengthen his chances of entry clearance. Thank you kindly in advance

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

When did you get married to him and how long have you knwon him for? How did you become a British Citizen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We met last year 2013 on the social network platform called Blackberry Messenger. We married on 05/05/2014 in Nigeria. I was born here in the UK in 1981 and that is my claim to British citizenship. My parents and grandparents are also British Citizens but they are originally from Barbados in the Caribbean.

We currently maintain contact and sustain the relationship via phone calls, emails and social media sites such as BBM, Viber & whatsapp.

You do not need to mention human rights as this is not relevant to this application.

Your name

Your address in the UK

Your name and address

Entry Clearance Officer

UK Visas & Immigration

British High Commission

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: UK Visit Visa application by insert name, date of birth and nationality of your husband

I am a British Citizen by birth and married the above named person on [insert date of marriage] at [insert place of marriage].

My husband is currently working for [insert details of his employment] and wishes to visit me in the UK for a period of [insert duration of his proposed visit and proposed dates]. He will be annual leave from his employment for the duration of his UK visit after which he will return back to Nigeria to resume his employment. His employer has authorised his annual leave which will be enclosed with his visa application.

I hereby confirm that my husband will be accommodated by me free of cost and will be residing at my address during his UK visit. I enclose proof of my address (copy of your tenancy agreement and a recent utility bill in your name). He has set aside 3500 pounds for his planned visit to the UK which he has saved from his employment income in Nigeria.

He has family and employment ties in Nigeria to which he will return after his UK visit. My intention is to move with him to Nigeria eventually to reside with him as a couple.

Yours Sincerely

Your name

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your time and above response.

To be honest, i feel that the letter is not detailed enough. I was looking for a more professional /legal approach and wording with greater detailing which will emphasize his family and employment ties and intentions to return plus It also does not mention any where within your template the reasons for wishing to visit the UK as i mentioned when i initially gave you the facts. Also, i would really like the human rights aspect incorporated.

It seems what you are looking for is a law firm, this is an online forum not designed to replace a law firm.

Do you still need further help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your time. I believe that is all for now.

Welcome and good luck