UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, I am a British Citizen resident in Dubai UAE. My wife

Hello, I am a British Citizen resident in Dubai UAE. My wife is Syrian and is in the first trimester of pregnancy. I am not intending to be resident of the UK for at least a few more years (Until my contract here expires) however I would like my wife to give birth in the UK. What are my options? As I understand applying for a visit visa for my wife with the intention of her giving birth in the UK will be frowned upon? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, there is no UK visa allowing her to give birth in the UK and applying for a visit visa without disclosing this fact will be misprepresentation and an immigration offence.

She may apply for a private medical treatment visa which may or may not be granted as delivering a baby is arguably not considered to be medical treatment but if there is a medical reason why she should give birth in the UK, then there is a good chance of the visa being granted. See below:

https://www.gov.uk/private-medical-treatment-visa/overview

The other option is to take the risk and apply for a normal visit visa and disclose the real reason behind the visit. She may or may not get it.

Hope this helps