UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, Subject: spouse settlement visa - financial requirement I

Subject: spouse settlement visa - financial requirement
I understand that if I've been working abroad on a salary of GBP 18600+ and can show an employment offer from a UK employer for the same salary then that will fulfill the financial requirement part of the spouse settlement visa. My question is, if I had a job abroad that paid GBP 18600+ for more than 6 months and now I have an employment offer from a UK employer stating the salary to be above GBP 18600 on their company letterhead, would that fulfill the financial requirement part of the visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, assuming you are employed at the time of the application. Payslips and bank statements showing your overseas employment income will also be required to verify your income matches what is indicated in your overseas employment letter or contract.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll still be employed overseas at the time of the application and can show bank statements to prove the overseas employment part. It is the UK employment offer that I'm worried about. Would a simple letter stating offer of employment be enough?

Yes, that will be enough.

You cannot be expected to be working in the UK at the same time when you are employed overseas.

I do not see any problem.

All the best