Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

How can I find out what action could be taken to avoid the

Customer Question

How can I find out what action could be taken to avoid the deportation of someone being held at Bedford Immigration Centre?The person concerned is a young lady from Nigeria, who has been my carer for some months.

I understand that after studying to become a carer she found it necessary to marry a man.  Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to want to "act the part" of husband any longer, hence her detention in the Immigration Centre.

The first I knew of her predicament , but have no means of checking.was a frantic phone call from which I gathered such information as I now provide (rather late, I'm afraid) but have no means of checking. I think she made some reference to a sum of money being required to allow her application (if that is the right term) to be accepted.  I am afraid that made me think the whole thing is a scam.  But I cannot be sure of that and if she is n the hands of Immigration officials, I would expect their requirements to be legitimate. If you could direct me to the appropriate phone number for an enquiry as to the demands of UK Immigration in the case of this lady, whose married name is***** that would appear to be what I need?

Category: Immigration Law