Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

can anyone bring their parents to UK if all their children

Customer Question

can anyone bring their parents to UK if all their children are British citizens and no one to look after them in India.if yes , what is the procedure.
sincerely,
thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

To what extent is the parent dependent (eg. financially, socially) on the children based in the UK please?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

parents totally dependent on children financially ,socially, a sense of feeling lonely, no one to take care of them etc....

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The correct form of visa application in these circumstances is an application for an adult dependent visa.

The eligiblity criteria for this form of applicaiton is on the following link:-
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

Please refer to the section with the heading titled "Coming to be cared for - you’re an adult dependent relative".

You will have to show that they are dependent on you and cannot carry out day to day tasks themselves and require care to do so from others. You have to show that this form of care is not avialable in the country where they are based and that you can support/accomodate them when they are here, so that no public funds will need to be claimed asa reuslt of them coming here.

It's quite a complicated application in that the evidential burdern of supporting documentation to be submitted with the application is quite detailed, so I really would advise instructing a soliciotr in order to advise you of your eligiblity based upon the documentation that you can gather after intially consulting with them and to draft the application for you.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.

Kind regards,

Tom