UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

i recently got ILR after 5 yrs as a refugee. can i qualify

i recently got ILR after 5 yrs as a refugee. can i qualify for a black travel document to travel to my country of origin?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may apply for a Travel Document, see here:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-home-office-travel-document

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i wanted an explanation not a web link to ukba !

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The page you referred me to is not what I want. All I need to know is whether im free travel to my country of origin without breaking the law.

Yes, if you have been issued with ILR, you may travel back to your country without breaking the law.

You must not be away for 2 years or longer as you will lose your ILR status.

You should try and obtain a passport of your home country and travel on that with your ILR, otherwise you will need to apply for a Travel Document or a Certificate of Travel (if your home country refuses to issue you with a passport and you need to check that you will be allowed to enter and exit your home country with these documents issued by the UK Government.

Hope this clarifies

I see you have left negative feedback, any reason for this please bearing in mind you chose the low detail and urgency option?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just got a bit frustrated that you sent me a web page link and I qanted to to know if my ilr can allow me to travel. But I am very happy with the ensuing responses. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I have to wait the whole year to apply for British citizenship. My ten year old son he was born here does he become British citizen by birth or thru naturalisation. Thank you h

Please post new questions separately asking for UKSolicitorJA only to answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good