How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi I need to ask about my friend who came on a student visa...He

Resolved Question:

Hi I need to ask about my friend who came on a student visa...He recently married to a girl who is on limited leave to remain...can he apply for a spousal visa?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

No, the spouse visa is for those married to people with indefinite leave to remain, not limited, or British Citizens.

Your friend may switch to a dependant visa on the basis of being the spouse of the girl with limited leave to remain.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what form will he need to complete and what evidence does he have to provide?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And his college has also had its licence revoked last week...will this make a difference...He is in the process of applying to other colleges...