UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I went to the US last year & met a lovely lady from Australia.

I went to the US last year & met a lovely lady from Australia. At the end of March she came over here, expecting to only be here a month. This visit was basically to see if was not just a holiday whirlwind romance and we could make it as a couple. She ended up staying 3 months. She flew back to Australia nearly 2 weeks ago to sort out a few things and will be coming back to the UK on 3rd August. To enable her to stay permanently, what must we do as I am totally confused as to which is even the right form!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Will you be marrying her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I hope to sometime next year

Thank you.She will not require a visa to visit the UK as a visitor but she will need a fiancée visa to enable her to come to the UK to marry you after which she will need to change her status to a spouse leave to remain from within the UK.The requirements for a fiancee visa are as followsYou and your future spouse must be at least 18 years of age.You and your future spouse must have met each other.You and your future spouse must intend to live together on a permanent basis once married.You must show that any previous relationship that you or your partner were involved in has ended (whether it was as a married or an unmarried couple) .You and your future spouse must have enough funds to support yourselves (and any dependants) without claiming public funds.Your UK fiance must be earning a minimum of £18,600 per annum or have savings to be able to sponsor you. If either or both of you have savings of at least 62,500 held for more than 6 months, that alone is sufficient to meet the financial requirement.You must have suitable accommodation available for you, your future spouse and any dependants.She will need to make the application online from Australia when she is ready to make it.The application process is herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/australia-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-australia#apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-sydney-melbourne-brisbane-perth-and-canberraHope this helps