Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi, For spouse settlement visa, financial requirements, if

For spouse settlement visa, financial requirements, if the sponsor is currently in overseas job for more than six months and that pays more than GBP 18600 and has a job offer in UK for GBP 15000 to return to and GBP 25000 in current cash savings (not in bank for six months); would the above mentioned meet the financial requirement part of the spouse visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
By my calculation it would meet the requirement, but only just and only once the cash savings have been held for 6 months.
Any cash savings required form part of the financial savings must be held for 6 months.
It really only just meets it because the calculation of the portion of the cash savings that you can use is as follows:-
25000-16000 = 9000
9000/2.5 = 3600
Therefore only 3600 will be permitted to be added to your income. So, if you have a job offer at £15, 000.00 then the combined amount if right on the threshold level. You will see from the second bullet point at 5.2.1 on the guidance that combination is confirmed:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/299103/Financial_Requirement_Guidance_20140324.pdf
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response Tom but with all due respect, your answer contradicts point 7.1.4 of the same document you mentioned above???!!!

Point 7.1.4 clearly states that CURRENT cash savings may be used to make up any deficit in the confirmed employment in the UK to which the overseas sponsor is returning???!!!

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Apologies, you are correct.
I'm certain that's been amended to it's current form.
My mistake.
Tom