Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

FAO Tom, Whats the criteria to meet confirmed employment

FAO Tom,
What's the criteria to meet 'confirmed employment in the UK' for overseas sponsor returning to UK? I mean would a simple letter on the employing company's letterhead do or does it need attestation of some kind from a lawyer or something?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
When you are offered a job by a company in the UK, they will write to you by letter on their standard letter-headed paper confirming that they wish to offer you the job. It will give a description of the job role and terms offered. It will usually also enclose the Contract of Employment too.
It is this letter (which is an “offer”) which should be enclosed with the application. Applicants should take the original offer letter to their solicitor and ask for the solicitor to provide certified copies of the letter and any other sundry documentation provided by the proposed employer. The certified copies should then be submitted with the application.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom