UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hi, i need to ask something about EEA2

hi, i need to ask something about EEA2. i am a non euro citizen living together(not married) with EEA citizen(french). and i have received my resident card(5 yrs visa) 2012  april.we have been living together for last 4 years and 6 months. now we decided to cease our relation ship. my question is will it affect my rest 3 yrs visa?? and will it affect me to get my UK permanent resident?? and how?? or can i still apply for it without her??

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid unmarried partners do not qualify for retained rights of residence following break down of your relationship and to answer your questions:
Yes, your residence card is technically invalid now
You are no longer permitted to reside in the UK and will therefore not get permanent residency and no, you cannot apply without her.
May I help further?