Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

aM THE HOLDER OF A u.sa passport and a u.s citizen , my old

Customer Question

aM THE HOLDER OF A u.sa passport and a u.s citizen , my old passport has the stamp inside to say indefinate to remain in the u.k , new passport does not have this , have applied for a new job , but the company says l need the stamp in my new one .
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : Are you in the UK presently?
Alex Hughes : OK, don't worry. The easiest thing to do is use the GOV.UK website to transfer the ILR to the new passport. Incidentally it is now called BRP follow the appropriate links and pay the fees here: https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa