UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am traveling to belarus in the few days to visit my family

Customer Question

I am traveling to belarus in the few days to visit my family and will stay for for weeks and i have 12 month visa, my partner visited my family in Belarus in the past and he would like to join me for 5 days. Do my partner need a invitation from my family or not? Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
What is your partners nationality?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
British
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My partner is British
Your partner also needs to apply for a visa and your partner will also need an invitation from your family
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i know that he need to apply for visa, he travelled to belarus before but and if you are visiting and staying less than 10 days then invitation is not required . Please clarify .

The official guidance states that
for citizens of migration-secure states, a simplified visa procedure is provided, which does not require visa support documents confirming the purpose and conditions of travel, when applying for business or private visas for the period of up to 30 days
The UK is a migration secure state so from the above, no invitation is required. However it is advisable to get an invitation if possible as I know several people have been turned away in the past without such an invitation.
Your partner may take a chance and apply for the visa without the invitation and see what happens, he may be lucky and get issued with the visa as per the official guidance above.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you we will try,but can invitation be written by hand by belarusian citizen and taken to notary in Belarus or it have to be special invitation?

It has to be in the format in this link
http://www.mfa.gov.by/upload/petition_CD_priv.rtf
All the best, ***** ***** feedback
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did look at this link on the Belarus site few days ago but i am not able to copy and send to my sister that invitation form in belarus , and she also not able to open this link in Belarus?

Please try downloading the document on your computer and then sending to her as an attachment.

All the best

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but no luck, can you send it to my mail please at *****@******.*** if possible. Best Regards

I cannot email out I am afraid.

You need to do it yourself by downloading it in your computer.