How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am visiting my husband in uk now who has Hungarian passport

Customer Question

I am visiting my husband in uk now who has Hungarian passport and working in uk for 5 years.I want to settle here and we bought a house I also have a son who is 4 years old and he also in the questions are,what kind of application I have to apply, how much its cost, how long to wait to get a permit to stay longe than 6 month.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is your nationality?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


we are both canadians and came to the UK as a visitors.We can stay here for 6 month. My son is 4 years old , he should go to school in September.

Can we apply for permit to stay in the UK from the UK or only from Canada ?

Should we involve solicitors or we can do it by ourselves ?

Thank you for your help.


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Are you saying your husband is a dual Canadian and Hungarian national?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband is Hungarian and has permanent residency in Canada.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

I would suggest that you lodge a EEA2 application for a residence card. This will be valid for 5 years, it costs 55 pounds to make this application.

See here:

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont live here I am just visiting I came as a visitor, and that application says you must live in the uk .I think it meens if I had a student visa or working visa ?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You may still use the application. The important thing is you are physically in the UK.

All the best

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you