UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am connected with a small private school which offers foundation

I am connected with a small private school which offers foundation and diploma courses of 1 and 2 weeks duration. The subjects taught are 'new age': tarot and numerology. We are not accredited or 'recognised' and our courses are not validated by any outside authority. We have taught courses for over 20 years mostly to students in the South-East UK.
With the change in mood at Government level regarding foreign students, is it necessary for non-EU students wanting to take our courses to undergo the trials of getting a student visa? Given the courses are short, on 'fringe' subjects, offering no recognised qualification surely foreign students could safely undertake them on a general visa....
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
There is no need to apply for a tier 4 student visa in your case, foreigners may simply apply for a general visit visa which permits them to study for up to 30 days as long as studying is not the main purpose of their visit to the UK.
See here for confirmation of the above under the section "What you can and can't do":
https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa
Hope this clarifies