How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34272
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

would a british citizen who is given a suspended sentence in

Resolved Question:

would a british citizen who is given a suspended sentence in a spanish court be allowed to return to the uk
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you mean will the Spanish authorities permit him to leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that is correct it looks like he may begiven a suspended sentence and ordered to pay compensation so I am trying to find out if he will have to remain in Spain untill the period suspended for has passed
Many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
No he can return home if he wishes to do so.
he does need to be aware that the Compensation Order is enforceable over here
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi clare,

thank you for your help, it has been very difficult getting information.

Kind regards


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome - I hope all goes well