UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Good evening. I am due to renew my discretionary leave to

Customer Question

Good evening. I am due to renew my discretionary leave to remain which expires 23rd sept 2014.mthis was issued 3 years ago on the grounds of articles 8, private family life. At the time , I was not married to my partner, bur we go married in April this year and we already have two children aged 6 and 3. My husband is a British citizen so are our sons
Can you please advice if I can apply for renewal of my dlr without a solicitor.
Secondly, what form route is best to use since i am now married, Flrm or Flro
My dlr was issued in 2011. Can you please advice on what I can do to obtain extension
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Yes, you may apply for an extension of your DLR using form FLR(O) as you will qualify for indefinite leave to remain in the UK after the 3 years extension expires.

If you apply under FLR(m) you will take longer to qualify for ILR.

Also, you may apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen immediately you obtain ILR as you will have been in the UK for more than 3 years and assuming you remain married to your British Citizen husband.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your response, however you did not reply to my initial question I,e can I apply for renewal of my dlr without a solicitor

Yes, if you wish to do so, you do not need a solicitor. However, if you have any doubts, it would be advisable to appoint a solicitor.

Hope this clarifies