Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Time restriction on submitting visa application for for my

Time restriction on submitting visa application for for my Egyptian wife and child
I am a British citizen and I have been in the UK for about a month, before that I was in Egypt all my life with my Egyptian wife and child.
I came to the UK form about a month and I have been working ever since.
I want my family to join me ASAP.
I have learnt that I have to provide six payslips from my current job.
and it is my understanding that if I have a bank account with more than 70,000, I can get them without having to have a job.
Can I send for them immediately, without delay, or do I have to wait a certain period to provide certain documents? please provide proof of your point
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
H
Thanks for your question. I presume that you are seeking to apply to meet the financial requirement for the spouse visa by using cash savings.
Can you please tell me how long you have had the cash savings and where they have been held?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had the cash saving in a bank account in the U.K from about 9 years, It is a 30 day bonus account and it was a joint account and It is now in my sole name form about a year and a half

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
If the savings are over £62500 and you have held these in a normal bank account in the UK for 6 months then this will be sufficient in order for your wife to apply for a spouse visa.
The savings must have been held in an account at a bank which is regulated. This means that it must regulated by the Financial Services Authority, which it almost certianly will be.
Therefore, you meet the financial requirement and can apply straight away.
The other thing that you should be mindful of is that you must show that you (as husband) intend to remain in the UK as your permanent home after the application. So, you should submit a statement stating this and outlining your plans forHi,
Thanks for your question.
The other thing that you should be mindful of is that you must show that you (as husband) intend to remain in the UK as your permanent home after the application. So, you should submit a statement stating this and outlining your plans for employment and accomodation.
Provided you do this and otherwise evidence that you meet the spouse visa eligibility criteria then your wife will be successful and receive her spouse visa.
Kind regards,
Tom employment and accomodation.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so would this be regarded as a normal bank account

http://www.natwestinternational.com/nw/personal-banking/savings-and-investments/g39/fixed-rate-notice-account/30-day-bonus-reserve-account.ashx

as I don't get Instant access unless i am charged the equivalent of 30 days' interest

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
There is a requirement that the savings can be immediately withdrawn (with or without penalty).
So, if you can immediately withdraw the savings subject to a charge which is 30 days' interest then this would still qualify in my view and on this basis I would say that you can apply.
Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.