Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

i am a UK resident british citizen, male. My partner is a Romanian

i am a UK resident british citizen, male. My partner is a Romanian citizen, female.
Can we marry at a UK Registrar?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
Provided that yo uare both legally able to marry - in that you are both adults and if you have been married before then you have since divorced - then you will be able to marry in the UK.
You will have to prove your identities with passports/driving licences and also your addresses, but once you have done that you will be able to give notice of your marriage at the registry office where you intend to marry and once the 16 day notice period has expired you will be free to marry.
The best way forwarHi,
Thanks for your question.
The best way forward for you would be to contact your local registry office to get things started, but as a guide this governmental website is a source of good information and backs up what I have said above:-
https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/overview
Kind regards,
Tom