Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Dear Sir/MadamIam a British citizen, born in the U.K in 1976.

Dear Sir/Madam
Iam a British citizen, born in the U.K in 1976. I have lived my whole life in Sudan. I am now married with two kids (4 and 6 years old) and would like to move back to the UK. I am planning to come early in 2015 but I have no idea how to begin the process of settling in the U.K. I am specifically inquiring about government subsidies to families in my situation or any government funded programs to help me settle and find a job.
Thanks and Regards.
Sarah Hamad
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
There is a financial requirement for the type of visa that your husband will need.
What are the chances that you will be able to secure a job in the UK at a salary above £18600?
Alternatively, do you and your husband have cash savings above £62500?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

I have a degree in civil engineering with a work experience of 13 years in structural design in Sudan. It shouldn't be difficult for me to get a job at some entry point level in the U.K and work my way up the career

.

I was planning to move without my husband, for sometime till I get settled and get a job. My husband will follow us later.

My inquiry doesn't include my husband at this point in time..

Thanks and Regards..

Sarah

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your reply.
Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If you were born in the UK before 1983 then you are a UK citizen otherwise than by descent.
This means that you can pass your UK citizenship on to such of your children that are born outside the UK. This is under s 2(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981:-
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61
If the plan is to return home with just the children then when you want to bring your husband, then when he applies he will have to apply for a spouse visa. The eligibility criteria for this is here:-
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility
You will either have to have been in employment in the UK for a period of 6 months at a salary of above £18600 per annum OR have held between you and your husband cash savings of £62500.00. If neither of these are likely to apply then you can use a mix of cash savings and salary. This is because of the financial requirement for spouse visas:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/337420/Annex_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
There are no busaries or grants available for this and there is also no legal aif unfortunately though..
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom