Ely
Ely, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
7286322

My Girlfriend is a Filipina working in saudi, am I allowed

My Girlfriend is a Filipina working in saudi, am I allowed to visit her there as we are not married
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.
On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times. Thank you in advance for not “shooting the messenger.”
The Saudi authorities have recently tentatively begun to issue tourist visas, but only for those willing to travel as part of a group (minimum four people) organised by a recognized tour company.
If you can do this, then you can visit the country. However, it would be a tourist visa. Mention to the Saudi authorities that you are coming to visit your girlfriend may have your visa voided at entry or even before you come to the country, because the Saudi government discourages non-marital relationships. Frankly speaking, if you mention "I am coming to see my girlfriend," they will hear: "I am a foreigner and I am coming to have sex with another foreigner who works here." Visa denied.
If you can get a tourist visa on auspices of tourism, you may have time to visit your girlfriend then.
Good luck.
Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.