Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi I am Likin Gera currently staying in Leeds on a Tier

I am Likin Gera currently staying in Leeds on a Tier 2 ICT visa. My visa is expiring on 26th Nov 2014 after which I will be applying for my ILR.
I wish to call my parents from India to stay with us for a month. Can they get a tourist visa for 6 months if they apply now as my visa itself is till 26th Nov.
Likin Gera
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
There is nothing preventing them from applying for a 6 month general visitor’s visa.
The difficulty is that although you may assist their application by submitting a sponsorship declaration confirming that you will support/accommodate them during their stay, this will only be useful and considered up to the point at which your leave to remain expires.
Therefore, your parents will have to show that they can support/accommodate themselves after the period of the your visa expiry until the end of the 6 month entirely from their own resources.
They should also explain that the initial period before you leave they are here to see you and see your life in the UK, whereas after your visa expiry they are simply taking time to see the rest of the UK on their own.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tom

Thanks for your quick reply.

My parents will be staying with me in my accomodation but as my visais only till 26Nov will they need to attach some hotel bookings along with the visa application? What other documents they will ned to attach?

Likin Gera

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Likin,
Correct. They will have explain their further travel accomdation. It's not strcitly necessary that they must have already booked somewhere but they must show evidence that they will be able to find somewhere and also pay for it.
There is no exhaustive list of documents to submit, because every applicaiton is different but it would include such things as evidence of continuing accommodation in their home country(eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money they have available, confrimation of employment back home and evidence of other responsibilities that they have which will continue after the visit and so therefore compel them to return home.
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?
I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.
Kind regards,
Tom