Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I had a baby in the 1970 the father denied the child was his

I had a baby in the 1970 the father denied the child was his we went to court and we had a blood test when the results came back the father was made to pay for the baby until he was 16 now many years later the father is telling me the the test didnt prove that the baby was his but would the court have made him pay maintainace if they were not sure it the baby was his
Category: Immigration Law
Thank you for your question. M
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I suspect that what he is referring to it that the blood tests done in 1970 were nowhere near as accurate as the DNA tests done today
In 1970 a result could exclude the possibility he was the father - or state that he was in the pool of potential fathers and there was a 1 in x chance of his bing the father
So whilst the court decided that the probability that he was the father was high enough it would not have been near the 99.99% accuracy of today's DNA testing
Please ask if you need further details