How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 965
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hi there, Im a 36-year old male, residing in Ipswich. Id

Customer Question

Hi there,
I'm a 36-year old male, residing in Ipswich. I'd had just been convicted on a 2-year supervision for Assault by beating - Category 2 (Low level of harm, greater capability). I shall start a 'Building Better Relationship' program in September 2014. I'm on an indefinite leave visa, granted in February 2013. Can you please advise me if I submit an application for naturalisation, will it be granted with that type of conviction?
Please advise what is the best option to choose from.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
When were you convicted and what exactly was the sentence?