Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Good afternoon, I am Russian Federation citizen.

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I am Russian Federation citizen. I moved in the UK in November 2009 as a family member (wife) of EEA citizen (Estonian). In June 2010 I received Permanent Residence Card valid until June 2015. Permanent Residence is sticked into my Russian Passport. In November 2011 our relationship with my Estonian husband ended up and we divorced. In January 2012 I married to British Citizen, we have been married for 2,5 years now and we've got 2 children. I still live in the UK under my Permanent Residence Card. My question - Can I apply for British Citizenship via naturalisation in January 2015 (begin married to the UK citizen for 3 years) or should I wait until June 2015 when my current Residence will be expired and when apply on citizenship/naturalisation? Sincerely, ***** *****

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi Anne
Thanks for your question.
Are you certain that you received "permanent residence" and not simply a "residence card" as the non-eea spouse of an EEA national?
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Are you able to respond to the above post in order that I may provide you with an answer please?
Kind regards,
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Kind regards,
Tom