UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Dependent resident permit

Customer Question

I m a permanent resident in the uk under the EU law as my spouse is an EU national. My daughter from a dissolved marriage in a non EU country is visiting us. I have custodial rights over my daughter who is 16. I want her to stay with me in the UK. Can she apply for a resident permit? Is it going to be in country application or should she apply from country of origin? Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
your daughter may apply for a residence card on the basis of being a family member of you by using form EEA 2, if she is granted the card, she may live in the UK with you
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/apply
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I understand she can make an in country application. I am wondering what type of documents I do need to provide to satisfy the SoS of my daughter s eligibility of a residence card. thanks
All that is required as evidence that she is your daughter e.g. Her birth certificate mentioning you as her mother and proof of your permanent residency under EEA national.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I ve been to the EEA2 application form. Found this quite irrelevant as it may apply to direct non EU family members of EU nationals. My daughter i understand qualifies as a child of a spouse of an EU national. There is no section in the form that applies to this category.
Questions:
1. Would a supporting letter suffice rather than filling in the EEA2 form?
2. Would permanent residence document be enough and no need for supporting documents to prove exercise of treaty rights?
3. Should I and my EU national partner sent our documents, or just myself as the applicant s parent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Questions:
As you are a permanent resident card holder, you are treated the same as an EEA national so any reference to an EEA national should be to you.
You do not need to use the EEA 2 form strictly speaking, but it helps if you do.
No need to provide evidence of treaty rights exercise if PR holder.
Just your documents.