UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi My wife is in the UK on a 6 month Family Visit visa which

Customer Question

Hi My wife is in the UK on a 6 month Family Visit visa which we have already extended 6 months, can we apply for another extension? I can't meet the financial requirement to apply for a settlement visa as I had an aneurysm on my brain so i am not working, but my parents can, can they sponsor her for settlement?
Thankyou
***** *****
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Normally, family visitor visas are only issued for 6 months so she was lucky to obtain a 6 months extension.
Whether or not she receives another extension will depend on the discretion of the Home Office but if there are good reasons for her to stay on in the UK, she may apply for discretionary leave to remain in the UK which is issued for 3 years.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your answer, How do we apply for discretionary leave to remain in UK, what form do we use for the application,

Thankyou

Tom

The form to use is FLR(O)

There is a fee waiver form as well if you are unable to pay for the application, see below

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/276050/flroappendix.pdf

All the best

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi So we fill out FLR(O) and fill out the fee waiver form and send them both to the Home Office

Yes