How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was granted a 3 yr residence permit on a discretionary basis

Resolved Question:

I was granted a 3 yr residence permit on a discretionary basis until 05 October 2014.
I would like to apply for indefinite leave to remain. What form do i use?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

You will be entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) after 6 years on discretionary leave to remain (DLR). You therefore need to apply for an extension of your DLR for another 3 years using form FLR(O).

After 6 years, you may apply for ILRusing form SET(O).

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions