Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I was told that my fiancee was detained at the London Keathrow

I was told that my fiancee was detained at the London Keathrow Airport UK. I am trying to search for some information on this and how can I help her ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : Was she detained by imigration or the police?
Customer:

I was told by Customs because she was carrying some gold ?

Alex Hughes : Have you spoken to them now?
Customer:

I have been unable to reach them by phone

Alex Hughes : Have you tried this number: 0345(###) ###-####/span>
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

No, I did not have that one.

Alex Hughes : They will rarely give information over the telephone. If she has been detained she will be given the option to have a lawyer who might contact you.
Alex Hughes : You can try calling them but for confidentiality reasons they are unlikely to give you any information.
Customer:

How can I find out if she has been detained ?

Alex Hughes : If she is going to be detained for any length of time she will be allowe to make a call to let her family know where she is
Alex Hughes : Nobody will tell you over the phone whether she has been detained or what's going to happen to her. Over the phone you could be anybody.
Customer:

I guess there is nothing that I can do

Alex Hughes : You can try the number but in reality you will have to just wait and see if she gets in touch.
Alex Hughes : Are you or any other family member in the UK?
Customer:

I am in San Diego CS

Customer:

CA

Alex Hughes : I'm afraid you will have to wait and see if she gets in contact. There's not much else you can do from where you are unfortunately.
Customer:

OK. Thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
OK, all the best. Please take a moment to rate my answer. If you haven't heard anything by Monday then let me know and I will try and put you in touch with a solicitor who can make some calls for you. It's unlikely you'll get anyone over the weekend.