UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hello im a student here in the uk on a tier 4 visa and ill

hello im a student here in the uk on a tier 4 visa and ill be doing my visa extension for undergraduate here in the uk.my previous visa was for foundation year,my course ended on the 5th of september but my visa is valid till the 5th of november,is it possible for me to travel back home to my country for a short period of time even though ill be applying for my visa extension in the uk.is it possible for me to travel back to the uk on my previous student visa even though my course is over but the visa is still valid for 2 more months and i have a lot of time left to apply for visa so is it possible i can travel to my home country and come back to uk on my student visa which is currently valid?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you may travel out of the UK and come back within the validity of your current visa but you should carry evidence of your undergraduate course acceptance and explain that you will be lodging further leave to remain in the UK if asked when you return back to the UK.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So basically my foundation visa is still valid till 5th nov and my course has already ended I'm doing my visa extension here but I have time till my interview so is it okay if I travel back to uk on my foundation tier 4 visa
Yes, as your visa will still be valid but you should carry evidence that you will be applying to extend your visa when you come back to the UK.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay and what kind of evidence should I bring saying that I'm applying for visa extension
Any proof of your new course acceptance, fee payment, a completed extension form etc.
Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay if I bring these thins then it's all good right because I will be travelling on a valid visa already I mean it's valid till 5th nov