UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I attended my wifes settlement visa appeal in Manchester,England

I attended my wifes settlement visa appeal in Manchester,England on the 23/4/14,the appeal has been allowed,I believe it can take a minimum of 8 weeks for the Entry Clearance Officer in Bangkok to receive the appeal decision,it is now is now some 17 weeks and my wife hasnot been contacted about the issue of her Visa,where can I get information about the progress of her visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid I know cases where it has taken 1 year after the appeal was won for the visa to be issued so your wife needs to remain patient as she will be contacted in due course.
I would suggest that you contact the Specialist Appeals Team in the meantime to see if they can speed the process up from the UK, you should write to them, send a copy of the appeal determination and ask them for an urgent consideration of your wife's case
Their address is
Specialist Appeals Team
Appeals and Litigation Directorate
1 Angel Square, London, EC1V 1NY
At the same time, you may also send a complaint about how slow the case is progressing, see here how to do so
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure
May I help further?