Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I want to applied for a divorces, from back in 2001. She was

I want to applied for a divorces, from back in 2001. She was deported in the same year in 2001. And now it's 2014. I would like to sort it out. As soon as..
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
If you have been separated from your wife for a period of 5 years then you do not need her consent when you petition for divorce. If you are resident in the uk then you can apply for divorce here and cite 5 years separation without consent in the divorce petition. There's lots of information here:
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview
If she is in jamaica then the court will still require that she sees and knowledge is the divorce petition. This means that you can send it to her but if she does not reply and acknowledge it then the divorce cannot proceed.
If she does not reply then you will have to ask for a tracing agent or process server in jamaica to serve the papers on her and then attend a notary to swear that she has received your papers.
The application for divorce can then proceed.
Provided that you're a table to find her then the divorce should proceed as normal. Kind regards.
Tom