Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

can I employee someone in UK with tier 2 ict long term staff

can I employee someone in UK with tier 2 ict long term staff partner visa
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If they are a dependent of a Tier 2 ICT visa holder then they are a dependent and would therefore be subject to the conditions contained at point 37 on the following guidance at page 7 of the guidance (actual page on doc 11-12):-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/324611/DEP_guidance_07-14.pdf
This means that the only job that they cannot do are as a professional sportsperson (including a coach) and as a doctor or dentist in training.
Therefore provided that you are not going employ them in either of these two roles then you can employ them because these are the only restrictions.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom