Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi I'm trying to get my fiance an d children to the united

Customer Question

I'm trying to get my fiance an d children to the united kingdom?
they have Zimbabwean passports and i would like to know which is the best way to bring them over and which visas we can apply for we have been together for six and i will be going back to Zimbabwe to continue with our marriage. please can you advise me the best way to go about it?
Ryan
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ryan

Thanks for your question.

What nationality are you please?

Do you earn over £18600 pounds per annum from salaried employment?

Are you the father of the children?

Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi tom

i am a British citizen by decent and yes i am the father of the children

well i earn £1200 a month.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi tom

well i earn £1200 a month.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

In order to be eligible for a spouse or fiance visa you must meet the financial requirement. For just a spouse/fiance this means that you must earn in excess of £18600 per annum from salaried employment (if you are employed). I assume that you do not have savings over £16000.00 but if you do please let me know because my answer may change.

The difficulty is that if you earn £1200.00 net per month then your annual salary, to my calculations, works out as less than this. On this basis her application for a fiance visa (so that she can marry you in the UK ) or a spouse visa (if you married outside the UK) would be refused.

As to your children, you should see if you can register them as UK citizens and then apply for their passport. The relevant section for this is section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act and is contained here:-
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61
If you have lived in teh UK for a period of three yeras before the children were born then you should be able to register them provided that you have not be absent from the UK for over 270 days within the three year period. If you do this then you will only have to meet the £18600 per annum salary requirement. If you cannot register them the you would have to meet an increased financial requiremetn depending on how many children you have and they would also have to have their own applications for visas.

Your options are not great unfortuntely, but they are:-
1. See if you qualify to register the children as UK citizens under teh above section and do so. Thereafter, Wait until you earn the required salary and then apply for either a fiance or spouse visa depending on where you wish to marry your wife.

2. If you are able to relocate to an EEA country with your wife/family for about 4-6 months and work there. If you do this then your wife can apply under a ruling called the "surinder singh ruling" for an EEA family permit before you then return to the UK and under this route you would not have to meet the financial requiremet.

I am really sorry that there are not more options for you.

Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do have savings of 17000 pounds at the moment

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

If your savings are still that amount when you apply then you will be able to count £1000.00 towards the income requirement. This means if you are able to register the children as UK citizens and get their passports then your wife will only have to meet a salary requirement of £17600 per annum due to the £1000 that is counted from your savings.

Because it is so close I would strongly advise that you see a solicitor with your documentation in person before you apply though.

TOm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

and what would happen if my wife had a job here in the united kingdom?

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

She cannot get a job until she has a visa to come here and live/work.

She can get a job once you have obtained her visa (either fiance visa or spouse visa, assuming you are eligible).

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.

Kind regards,

Tom