Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi there , Friend of mine wants to immigrate UK, He is Turkish

Hi there , Friend of mine wants to immigrate UK, He is Turkish citizen , he is a doctor and his wife is Biology teacher, What could you advice to them, Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
What nationality is the wife please?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi , They both Turkish and living in Istanbul.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are both Turkish.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Assuming that you do not have any UK ancestry or EEA ancestry and that you do not have £200, 000.00 available for investment in a UK business, the most likely form of visa that you would be looking at would be under the the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/308513/shortageoccupationlistapril14.pdf
If your job is not on this list then this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the home office that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role,.
You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility
If they are able to secure a job offer for tier 2 purposes from an employer licensed to sponsor tier 2 migrants then they can apply and the husband (if he is the one who gets an offer of sponsosrship) would get a tier 2 visa to come here to work. His wife would have to apply as a dependent of his application., which is permitted:-
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom