31090051

I was convicted of theft in 2001 and served a prison sentence,

I was convicted of theft in 2001 and served a prison sentence, since my release I have turned my life around, I'm now married with children and have held down a good job for 13 yrs. I local man is now bad mouthing me too people in my village and not being very nice about my past. Please can you tell me is this classed a slander
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Slander or defamation is where someone says something about you which is untrue. If what he is saying to others is untrue then you would have a right to take action. If what he is saying is true then you don't.
Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has added a lot to it and a lot of what he has told people is untrue about my crime. Where do I stand in that situation. When he first done it I ignored it but I am hearing about him more often. I was going to write a very polite letter to him but wanted to know how I stand with this too
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If what he says is untrue then you are justified in writing to him or having your solicitor do so.