Ely
Ely, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
7286322

I applied for a visa at the american embassy in london 2011,

I applied for a visa at the american embassy in london 2011, america immigration needs the letter of refusal as more evidence topursue my application 1-601
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.
I am sorry for your situation. When you went and spoke with someone, did they state that they could not provide you with a copy of the letter back from 2011?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear ely, yes the security man said they would not have kept the record for three years but i have tried to get in touch with the consulate but to no avail, how do i get this letter of refusal as my lawyer said the immigration in America needs a letter of refusal they must have a record of this letter on their computer under the name cleopatra ereca Vulcan, i have got just a few days left hence i contacted u for urgent help, thank you.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, C.
If the letter does not exist, then it does not exist. USCIS is asking for a letter that the US Consulate no longer has. What someone in your situation may wish to do then is to get a quick letter from the US Consulate confirming that the record is not kept past 3 years and use this in lieu of the other requirement. Hopefully, that will be enough.
Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear, because this would be unfair to you. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The question is that am unable to get through to the us consulate i have tried all avenues there does not seem to be an email for them, do u as a lawyer have an email for the us consulate, your help in this situation would be gratefully helpful

Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Sure.
Switchboard: [44] (0)20 7499-9000
(Just in case)
The US Embassy in London does not have an email-direct form but can be contacted via submission form here. This goes to their email.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the reply button to keep chatting, or rate positively and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Ely, am unable to rate you as i have not received a solution to my question, am still in need of trying to get a letter that i so urgently need, i have done as you instructed, but still sadly with no solution and the Us citizenship and immigration services, need me to forward a letter to my lawyer in America, as more evidence that i applied for a visa in 2011, and am still none the wiser as want to do, at present am highly worried and saddened.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
Hello Cleopatra,
i have done as you instructed, but still sadly with no solution
You tried calling/emailing the US Consulate to get a letter confirming that the record is not kept past 3 years?
And if so, what was their reply?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not received a reply, from the Us visa consulate at all, they said they shall reply in five days, how can i get a letter from the the visa consulate, even the department that you emailed to me has still not replied since Friday, tried again to no avail, what do I do next.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 years ago.
I would recommend sending a "follow up" email/telephone call reminder once a week until they do reply. This helps to keep the subject matter fresh, but also without being too pushy. It is a good idea to keep the reminders brief and pleasant, of course.
Sooner or later, they should respond.